Newton Community Pride is pleased to support local organizations, artists, service projects and non-profits with a Community Micro Grant.
Congratulations to our 2024 Spring Community Micro Grant Recipients:
Past grant recipients can be found here. Any questions regarding our program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Fall 2024 application will open on August 1 and will close on September 1. Grant criteria as follows:
- The event or program funded by our Community Micro Grant must occur between November 1, 2024 and March 31, 2024.
- If the event or project is delayed beyond one year from the receipt of the grant, NCP has the right to request return of funding provided.
- Micro Grant funding will be dispersed 15-30 days prior to the event or program.
- Maximum grant request is $1,500, past grants have averaged between $300 – $1,100.
- Applicant’s event/project needs to be located in Newton.
- Applications must include event or program budget information and most recent 990 if available.
- Locations for the event or program must be vetted and approved before submitting your application.
- Please include a letter or email approving the venue date and location from the venue owner. If your event needs approval from the City of Newton Parks, Recreation & Culture Department, please include Permit application and/or PR&C Approval.
- Preference will be given to first time grant applications, those that offer free community programming and those that have not been awarded an NCP grant in the previous grant cycle.
- We encourage applicants and programs that embrace the diversity of Newton and represent the voices, experiences and communities of historically marginalized groups in Newton.
- NCP will consider all projects consistent with our mission: To build community through free arts and culture programming, public art, beautification and service projects.
- Exclusions: public school programs, request for food/beverages, personal request for scholarship, capital improvement funding and requests for event/program support that would benefit any political or religious cause, individual or group.