FenceART Banners are now up at 5 locations around Newton!
FenceART is a new public art project: Banners of juried artwork will rotate to various Newton public fence locations for approximately 10 weeks at a time, in groups of 3 to 5 works. This is a joint project of the Newton Community Pride Festival committee, which is funding the project, and Newton Open Studios.
A HUGE thank you to Carole Slattery and Barbara Trachtenberg, who helped hang the current round of banners, and to Franklin Marval - master banner printer, and Ellen Fisher, who coordinates the project.
The current round of banners will hang from August 25 through October 30th, and then will rotate. Artists at each location for this first round are:
- Newton Free Library, curved fence at entrance from the parking lot.
- Waban bridge over the T tracks at Beacon Street, Near Angier.
- Historic Cemetery on Winchester Street next to National Lumber.
- Senior Center, Walnut St at Walnut Place (by the Rox).
- Newton Cemetery fence, Beacon Street, across from Cold Spring park entrance.